In this blog post, we will cover the best TV brand in Kenya.
We are going to look at five types of TV brands : Samsung, LG, Sony, Hisense, and Syinix. We’ll talk about what they’re best at providing but ultimately it comes down to personal preference on which is right for you.
To help you get a whole picture fast, we are going to look at the pros and cons of each TV brand in Kenya.
This should help you gauge which is the best TV brand in Kenya easily.
1). Sony TVs in Kenya
Sony was founded back in 1946 by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo Co., Ltd.; which literally means “Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Company.”
Main Technical specs of Sony TVs
- Sony TVs are very well known for their low input lag times which is great if you’re into gaming – even on a TV screen
- They also offer the best quality in terms of sound with some models offering Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio processing.
- They use the Android TV operating system which is very easy to navigate and allows for thousands of apps that you can download.
Pros of Sony TVs:
– The PlayStation VR for PS, which launched earlier this year and offers one of the most immersive gaming experiences on the market today.
– It also supports new technologies like HDR as well as video streaming services such as Netflix and YouTube.
– Plus they have the quietest sound settings out there so forget about keeping up with what anyone else says or watches when they’re watching.
– The picture quality is very good and the colors are vibrant.
– The sound quality is also very good and the speakers are placed at strategic positions around the TV so that you get a surround sound experience.
– The design is really sleek and it looks good in any environment.
– Its low power consumption makes them energy efficient, which means lower electricity bills every month.
Cons of Sony TVs:
– Expensive price tags – for a 55-inch model, expect to pay KSh 80,499 compared to the same size LG which is available at just KSH 70,000.
– Issues with some of their smart features. They are prone to lagging especially when playing games.
– Security risks when accessing password-protected sites like Netflix because Sony doesn’t come with a firewall.
The price range on Sony TVs varies greatly but generally, they are in the higher bracket than other brands.
As such, it’s worth doing your research before buying one – especially if you’re looking at a specific size or feature not offered by most models from different manufacturers.
One important thing to remember is they are quite heavy.
For this reason, be sure to get a wall mount with reinforced anchors if you’re planning on mounting one as this will save space and make it easier for the weight of these TVs.
2). LG TVs in Kenya
LG is the best TV brand in Kenya because they have a better picture quality and is affordable.
LG TVs themselves were established way back in 1955, so it’s an old brand that has always been at the top of its game.
In fact, their first product ever made was called “the black-and-white television”.
With more than 100 patents to date (including a patent for flat panel displays), you can bet your bottom dollar they know what they’re doing when it comes to TV sets!
And this explains why LG products are such popular TV brands in Kenya.
LG TV sizes range from 24-inch class and smaller to 85-inch class and larger.
Main technical specs of LG TVs in Kenya
- A resolution of 1920 x 1080. The higher the resolution, the sharper the picture will be on a TV screen.
- An aspect ratio of 16:09 means that it is wider than usual TVs and displays content in widescreen format.
- A better viewing experience for users with deep pockets who can afford these items are LG’s OLED models as they offer “perfect black” levels, or an absence of light emission from one pixel when showing pure dark colors like blacks and grays; this makes them very popular among videographers and photographers because they produce less glare while shooting at night and don’t suffer from motion blur during fast feed playback (e.g., sports).
- The latest models have webOS smart features which work well with the streamlined interface and remote.
- The LG OLED TVs can reproduce a wider range of colors than LCDs, which has been attributed to its self-emissive technology emitting light from each pixel without the use of mirrors or filters.
Pros of LG TVs:
– Their best HDTVs offer all sorts of nifty features like a webOS operating system that is very easy on your hands (no more hunting around through menus) while still being sophisticated enough to keep techies happy!
– One of the best features about LG TVs is that they use OLED technology, which produces deep blacks and inky dark colors.
– It also has a wider viewing angle to keep things crystal clear from all angles without any glare or distortion on the screen as well.
– It offers a great sound system that is comparable to what you would find in the best luxury cars.
Cons of LG TVs:
While LG TVs do offer some great features, there are also many cons that should be considered when looking into them for purchase.
– Pricier models – The price can be rather high for some models so it may not necessarily be cost-effective to buy one if you’re looking for something smaller than 55 inches. However, their prices do fluctuate with time-based on promotions such as Black Friday specials or offer like free wall mounts (just pay to ship) when purchasing an LCD monitor.
– Customer service – Some customers have complained about the quality of their customer service and how they could not reach anyone on the phone to answer questions.
– Another downside with these televisions is the fact that there are fewer factory-authorized repair centers available. This means you would need to send your TV back anytime you needed assistance rather than speak directly with someone over the phone who could fix any problems before sending your set out.
You do get a lot for what you pay with these sets because it comes with all the features mentioned in our pro section plus much more.
The TV will even automatically know which input you want based on your last activity.
So if Netflix was playing last, when you turn on your television again, LG’s webOS will change over to Netflix without any complicated steps needed from yourself.
3). Samsung TVs in Kenya
Samsung TVs are a global leader in the TV industry and they have been making TVs since 1969 when they first began manufacturing black and white sets.
Samsung is also known for its sleek designs, durability, innovation, quality of service, as well as affordability which allows them to be more accessible than other brands (like Sony).
Their models range from 32″ to 75″.
Main technical specs of Samsung TVs in Kenya
- The TV has a good contrast ratio
- It is high resolution
- They have many picture modes to choose from, including dynamic and standard. This makes it easy for the customer to find one that suits their needs best
Pros of Samsung TVs:
– Quality pictures – with deep black levels, clear colors, and excellent viewing angles this ensures a great experience every time you watch your favorite show on Netflix or gaming on your PS VR
– Great sound quality – If you don’t want to use headphones then they are more than likely not needed as the speakers produce loud sounds with low distortion even at higher volumes which will leave everyone in the room entertained without any need for external equipment. Plus if you do decide to turn them up it will also reduce any outside noise.
– Stylish design – the sleek black frame and thin bezel make this a great looking TV for your home
– Great price point – we all like to watch movies in style but not many people have $2000+ just lying around waiting to be spent on television. The good news is that Samsung TVs are available at almost every retailer, including Amazon which offers financing options on select models. This means you can enjoy all of these features without breaking the bank!
– Smart Hub – They also offer an excellent Smart Hub interface (though there’s still room for improvement) and support HDR technology by default if your video source happens to support it.
– Different sizes – They have one of the most advanced panels currently on the market and are available in many different sizes which make them very popular options for almost any consumer.
Cons of Samsung TVs:
– Limited viewing angles – since there is no vertical stand so diagonal views might look worse than they would with some other brands (but if you’re sitting directly in front then this won’t apply)
– Some people may not like the curved look – some find it too dramatic and prefer to have a flat screen.
– The bezel is thin but still seems slightly wider than other brands
Summary: This TV is an excellent purchase for those looking for quality on their budget.
The company was founded in 1981. The first products were microwave ovens, TVs, and radios.
In 1997 the company exported its TV production to China’s coastal areas including Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhongshan City, and Dongguan city; which is a move that helped Hisense develop as an international brand.
In 2008 Hisense became the world’s third-largest manufacturer of televisions with more than 20 million units sold annually across Europe and North America.
They have been named one of the top five most influential brands in the global television market for three years consecutively by Forbes magazine from 2011-2013.
They are also ranked among Asia Brands Top 50 (AB50) 2013 list at number 14th place alongside other big brands such as Coca Cola, IBM, and Samsung.
Main technical specs of Hisense TVs in Kenya
The display: 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution for sharp pictures; LED backlight that is both environmentally friendly and delivers better color contrast than LCD displays.
Remote control interface: touchpad system allows simple navigation of on-screen menus without using buttons or joysticks. When it comes to navigating through your channels/programs, sometimes less really is more!
Input ports: HDMI inputs allow high-definition video streaming from gaming consoles or other devices like BluRay DVD players; there’s also digital audio output for HDTV sound.
Headphone jack: this is a feature I never knew I needed until recently. It’s nice to be able to watch TV without disturbing others in the house. The headphone plug-in also means you can enjoy your favorite shows while washing dishes or folding laundry, for example!
Included apps: YouTube, Netflix, and more, all built into one device? This really does sound too good to be true; thankfully we’ve tested these features extensively so that you don’t have to take our word on it.
Power consumption (watts): 120 watts of power usage per hour simply put – this is less than half of what an equivalent LCD TV will use over the same time period
Smart capability: Built-in wifi is one of the most defining features that separates this TV from any other. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can connect with your devices for content streaming and more – no complicated setups or wires necessary!
Pros of Hisense TVs in Kenya
-The quality is good for the price. This TV can handle motion very well, which helps it perform better in scenes with lots of fast-paced action like movies and video games.
-Most people will find Hisense TV setup to be simple since there are no wires needed. However, some may have trouble connecting their devices wirelessly if they use a newer device than what this television was designed to work with.
-It has a universal remote that can also be programmed to work with a variety of devices like BluRay players, DVD decks, and other home theater equipment.
Cons of Hisense TVs
- It has an average viewing angle and contrast ratio which means that it can get hard to make out details in scenes when you’re watching from off to the side or above the screen.
- The sound is adequate but could be louder if desired. If you need something louder than what’s included here then consider adding some speakers of your own.
- This device doesn’t have any connections for anything external such as an antenna or digital cable box, which means those features will need to be connected through the included HDMI input instead (which may cause signal lag).
Hisense is one of those brands where you get what you pay for.
If you are looking for something top quality then this is probably not going to be your best option because there are always better deals out there on other TVs from different companies at similar price points.
5). Syinix TVs in Kenya
Syinix, a multinational company headquartered in Taiwan with branches worldwide.
They have been manufacturing electronic products for more than 40 years and are the number one TV brand in Korea and Taiwan.
In the past, Syinix TVs focused on high quality and resolution. However, in recent years they have also begun to focus on design aspects of their TVs.
The most popular models are the HRD series which is a combination of HD pictures and Full High Definition technology that creates an amazing level of clarity.
The LCD panel is made with extremely advanced color creation technologies for true colors rich images you can enjoy watching your favorite movies or TV programs every day without fatigue.
This particular model has been engineered with a Dolby sound system integrated into it as well as a PC input terminal to maximize the entertainment experience during leisure time!
Syinix sells more than 300,000 TVs annually. The company is the largest distributor of TV sets in Kenya and Central Africa, making it the best TV brand in Kenya.
Main technical specs of Syinix TVs in Kenya
- LED Backlights
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- Wide viewing angle of 178 degrees for clear image in any direction
- Energy Efficiency with Low Power Consumption
- Superb Audio Quality
Pros of Syinix TVs
-The most affordable tv brand in Kenya – this is especially true if you’re comparing it to other brands that have a higher price tag.
-Best quality customer service – we pride ourselves on having the best technicians in all of Kenya, and they are always willing to go out of their way for your convenience!
-Wide selection of tv models available: In case there is one particular model number or series that catches your attention but is not quite what you were looking for then don’t worry because Syinix offers an extensive variety so everyone can find something perfect for them.
– It uses less power so it will save on your electricity bill each month while still giving you an enjoyable viewing experience.
– It also has an anti-glare screen that can reduce eye fatigue when watching for long periods of time without compromising picture clarity.
Cons of Syinix TVs
-Poor technical support: there is no phone number to call for assistance
-Price tag can be a little steep at times: Although they are of better quality than other brands, the price may still come as too much for some because it varies depending on what you’re looking for.
– Unreliable warranty service: It could take up to two months before you get your TV back but when we do issue replacements it’s always with refurbished products.
Syinix made to our list of the best budget TV brand in Kenya.
A company that has been around for over a decade and is known for its quality TVs, easy-to-use interfaces, affordable prices. What more could you ask for?
What to look for when buying a TV in Kenya
Besides considering the best TV brand in Kenya, here are other things to consider
The first thing I look for in a new TV is size!
There’s nothing worse than realizing your existing furniture simply can’t accommodate the monstrous beast that has just been delivered into your living room—especially if it was delivered by yourself!
I’m sure we’ve all had this happen before so make sure when buying a new TV check its dimensions carefully against any available space you have near where it will be placed (a whiteboard might work wonders here).
The next thing I always try to do is get an idea about how much I’m willing to spend on a new TV.
There’s no point in getting something expensive if it is way out of your price range, or doesn’t suit the size of your living room for that matter!
c). LCD, LED or Plasma?
The problem people run into next though is whether they should get an LCD or Plasma screen (or maybe even LED).
I’ve spoken about this before but now we have access to some new information so let me tell you about my thoughts again
- Plasmas last longer but can’t attain the same level of brightness as LCDs.
- LCD screens are cheaper, and also have a higher quality than plasmas but they don’t last nearly as long.
d). TV set up
The other thing to keep in mind is whether you want your new TV mounted on the wall (or if that’s even an option), or sitting on a stand somewhere else in the room.
This will determine what type of television set-up you need!
The next thing to consider when purchasing a new television is what resolution your screen supports.
This one can also get really complicated as there are loads of different resolutions available each with their own benefits and drawbacks but fortunately, we don’t need to know all about them just now.
All you will need to worry about for now is “HD Ready” TVs (720p) vs 1080i/1080p HDTVs.
This is because the more pixels a TV has, the higher quality it will produce.
Verdict: The best TV brand in Kenya
If you prefer games over movies then go with Samsung’s QLED line; like fast response times? LG’s OLEDs are the way to go.
Sony TVs have a sleek design that looks good in any room or space with their Triluminous display technology giving you rich colors from every angle – perfect if your main viewing area has an unusual layout.
Today’s Best Deals
KSh 21,450 Now KSh 14,095 (+Free Wall Mount)
KSh 41,599 Now KSh 35,900
Buy at KSh 12,899 (Black + Free 5 Gifts)
KSh 26,869 Now KSh 22,990 (+Free 6 Gifts)
Buy at KSh 11,799 (+Wall Mount)
Buy now at KSh 14,799 (+Wall Mount)
We check over 10,000+ products every day for the best sales & deals.
All smart TV prices are as at the time of publishing.
Best Picks: Best TV Brands |Best TVs Under 10k | Best 43 Inch TVs | Best Syinix TVs | Best Digital TVs| Best Hisense TVs | 32-inch Smart TVs|Smart TV Features |Best TV to buy |Best Smart TV Aerial |Best Smart TV 2022|Cheapest Smart TV
Compare: Samsung vs LG TVs| Smart TV vs. Digital TVs |Smart TV vs. Android TV Reviews: Syinix 43A1s Review |Also read: Is it smart to buy a smart TV in Kenya? | 7 Things I Love About Samsung Smart TV in Kenya | What To Ask Before Buying A Smart Tv In Kenya